Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update

Yesterday the supervising electrician came to my office for me to sign and have notarized the application for the permit from North Miami to do the electrical work. Duly signed and notarized. Now I wait to hear from them.

Today I treated the mold problem with a product called Zep, whose active ingredient, as listed on the bottle, is bleach (sodium hypochlorite). It probably cost more than bleach you can buy cheaply in the grocery store, so I would recommend using regular bleach in a spray bottle for this job. See here.

The area affected by the mold will be covered by the cabinets, so there's no need to prime it with, for example, Kilz. But I may spray the wall with some left-over white paint just to make it look better for the cabinet installers, since they seemed wary of the mold. (It's bare drywall.)

No comments: