Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cabinets revealed!

The demo guys are also the installers. Today they unboxed the cabinets to check them over for any damage and make sure they were all there. There were no problems, but if there had been, they would have had them rectified before the installation date.

The talkative demo guy thought the cabinets were great. He said Kraft Maid cabinets are better than Thomasville and install more smoothly. (He sounded like he was looking forward to installing them.) The cabinets are all-wood construction except for one 6"-wide "filler" cabinet that only comes in MDF (the guy pointed that out today). He said that it would bow if it were made of wood. That I didn't quite understand but I'm still thinking on it.

That cabinet goes to the right of the stove (with a pull-out spice rack above it). I think I'll use it for utensils. There are four (deep) little drawers in it. The tallest cabinet contains the pull-out pantry. That goes to the left of the fridge.

Meanwhile, I am sinkless and dishwasher-less. Doing my dishes in the bathroom sink or the bathtub. (I don't do a lot of cooking anyway these days--not since B. left.)

No comments: