Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crapola

The east wall, where the sink, dishwasher and stove are located, needs the most work.

The cabinet guy said the outlet for the disposer (top pic) has to be mounted into the wall, not left dangling outside.

In the next pic, the outlet will have to be moved to the left (otherwise the stove will cover it in the new layout) and the wall repaired. The metal tube contains the wiring for the old hood above the stove. An outlet for the new microwave (to be mounted above the stove and which will contain an exhaust fan and light) will have to be mounted farther up the wall. The old backsplash material covered this mess.

In the bottom pic, the 220 V. outlet for the stove will have to be relocated from the corner on the south wall to a few inches in on the east wall, to accommodate the 6" cabinet with the four little drawers.

The electrician will be coming first thing Wednesday morning to give me an estimate on this work. (It will also include the other items I mentioned earlier.) I think I'll also get an estimate on relocating the current kitchen ceiling fan to the second bedroom, where I sit at the computer and watch TV (as I am doing now). I have another, more curvaceous fan to put up in the kitchen. (It's pictured on the Kitchen Ceiling Re-Do blog, post from "Day One" [in my links].)

I rarely use the kitchen ceiling fan but have a fan going constantly in the second bedroom. The fan that's in the kitchen now would be put to better use here, since it's actually more heavy-duty than the prettier fan I'm going to replace it with in the kitchen. The "propeller" fan will look fine in here. They're both very good fans and are made by the Modern Fan Company.

No comments: