Friday, August 8, 2008

Update

I hadn't heard from Home Depot or the GC all week long and decided to call Home Depot today to see where things stood before the weekend started. I reached Helen at the store and she said the kitchen expediter ("Sally") was working on my project. She then transferred me to her but no one answered, so I left a voice message asking her to please call me at work. I never heard back from her.

I then called the other expediter ("Cathy"), who had helped me out last week while Sally was out on family leave. I told her I'd left a message with Sally and had not heard back. She said Sally was in and out or words to that effect and said she would call the GC herself and get back to me. She called me back very quickly and said that my application was presently in the hands of a "qualifier" ("to get all the i's dotted and all the t's crossed") and that it would be sent to the City of North Miami next Tuesday or Wednesday. (I'd never heard of a qualifier before except in grammar.) I then asked Cathy how long it would take before the permit was approved. Of course she couldn't say for sure but, based on her experience with North Miami, estimated that it would take a few days.

I guess the $425 I paid for this permit includes the cost of the qualifier. (The electrical permit cost $197.)

No comments: