Saturday, August 2, 2008

Granite becoming passé?

Saw tonight on "My House is Worth What?" a segment in Los Angeles. The home had granite countertops in the kitchen, and the real estate appraiser said they a negative for the house. The hostess acted surprised. "But wait. These are granite," she said. The real estate expert said the latest trend is quartz.

Glad I'm getting the Silestone, especially since granite can be hazardous to your health (possibly giving off radon gas and containing uranium, giving off even more radon gas, which causes cancer). I have yet to read that quartz can be hazardous. But I'm sure it can also become passé. Maybe by the time I get the kitchen installed, it will be too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn’t matter if you are planning a new home or remodeling an existing kitchen, with granite kitchen countertops you can be sure that you will add to value of your home. http://cedime.org